Dynamic Flash Gallery ASP Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Multiple Galleries per Site

Asked 14 Nov 2006 01:16:57
has this question
14 Nov 2006 01:16:57 Barry Magee posted:
Have built a site using FAG2 and Dynamic Flash Gallery ASP but appear tpo have run into a bug when I try to enable multiple galleries for a single site.

It appears that the Dynamic Flash Gallery settings (username, password, directory etc) are saved only once at a sitewide level and that if I have multiple galleries on different pages the command gets confused and falls over on all but one page.

Could you please have a look at ww.tramyardgallery.com. The feature works fine on www.tramyardgallery.ie/yannypeters.html (username = tramyard, password = gallery) but apart from on this specific page the command fails. If you attempt to use on another page (on each of which the command has also been enabled) it allows you log-in but will not save any changes/edits returning an error message referring to the directory location of the last saved implementation of the command (that one above).

Any ideas - is the command not designed to deployed in multiple instances? That is, can i only have one Dynamic FAG per website using this?

Many thanks in advance

Replies

Replied 21 Nov 2006 21:55:46
21 Nov 2006 21:55:46 doug mcgown replied:
Barry, I too am trying to do a Web site using the DFG with two different Web pages on the same site. I can't get it to work. I renamed the dmxFlashGallery2_action.asp of each gallery and edited the page that refers to this file. I am trying to figure it out... I don't think the password or username matters because that code is on the .xml page. You should have a .xml page with each gallery. If I can not do this, then I am up a creek without a paddle.

Doug
Replied 21 Nov 2006 22:16:35
21 Nov 2006 22:16:35 Barry Magee replied:
Any luck Doug?

George - can you please advise on this?
Replied 04 Dec 2006 20:27:43
04 Dec 2006 20:27:43 doug mcgown replied:
Barry mi lad -- I figured it out...

Here is what I did....

For testing, I created a file called tester.html and put it on the root. I also created another file called lester.html - I put lester on the root as well.

I have a folder called "galleries" - In that folder, I have a subfolder called "tester" and "lester". These two folders are where I will put my destination files.

I first created the "tester" page with Flash Album 2 and the Dynamic Gallery 2 - I uploaded all files. Thumbs and photos are now in the /galleries/tester directory.

As you will notice on the root, you will find a new file called dmxFlashGallery2_action.asp. I renamed it dmxFlashGallery2_actionTester.asp to correspond with my tester file... I figured out we must have a seperate dmxFlashGallery2_action.asp file for each gallery. On the dmxFlashGallery2_actionTester.asp file, it looks like this

<!--#include file="ScriptLibrary/incPureUpload.asp"-->
<!--#include file="ScriptLibrary/incResizeAddOn.asp"-->
<!--#include file="ScriptLibrary/dmxFlashGallery2.asp"-->
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript" RUNAT="SERVER">
Dim gallery
set gallery = new dmxFlashGallery
gallery.scriptPath = "ScriptLibrary/"
gallery.datapath = "galleries/tester"
gallery.imageDimension = Array(450,450)
gallery.thumbDimension = Array(150,150)
gallery.admin = Array("tester", "tester" ' administration credentials
gallery.init
</SCRIPT>

Next, I craeted the "lester" page and uploaded all files... I then took the dmxFlashGallery2_action.asp page and renamed it dmxFlashGallery2_actionLester.asp to correspond with lester. On the dmxFlashGallery2_actionLester.asp page, the code looks like this...

<!--#include file="ScriptLibrary/incPureUpload.asp"-->
<!--#include file="ScriptLibrary/incResizeAddOn.asp"-->
<!--#include file="ScriptLibrary/dmxFlashGallery2.asp"-->
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript" RUNAT="SERVER">
Dim gallery
set gallery = new dmxFlashGallery
gallery.scriptPath = "ScriptLibrary/"
gallery.datapath = "galleries/lester"
gallery.imageDimension = Array(450,450)
gallery.thumbDimension = Array(150,150)
gallery.admin = Array("lester", "lester" ' administration credentials
gallery.init
</SCRIPT>

In short, make sure datapath is going to right directory.... You can have different passwords for each gallery.

Not finished... one more small matter.

On the lester and tester pages... make sure you modify the 3 dmxFlashGallery2_action.asp URLs

Here is my lester code...

<script type="text/javascript">
AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase','download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0','width','600','height','600','id','lester','align','middle','src','dmxFlashGallery2','quality','best','flashvars','Gallery=galleries/lester/lester.xml&SystemURL=dmxFlashGallery2_actionLester.asp','scale','noscale','bgcolor','#0000FF','pluginspage','www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer','movie','dmxFlashGallery2' ); //end AC code
</script><noscript>
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0" width="600" height="600" id="lester" align="middle">
<param name="FlashVars" value="Gallery=galleries/lester/lester.xml&SystemURL=dmxFlashGallery2_actionLester.asp" />
<param name="movie" value="dmxFlashGallery2.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="best" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#0000FF" />
<embed src="dmxFlashGallery2.swf" id="lester" quality="best" flashvars="Gallery=galleries/lester/lester.xml&SystemURL=dmxFlashGallery2_actionLester.asp" scale="noscale" bgcolor="#0000FF" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="600" pluginspage="www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
</object>
</noscript>

notice the 3 action.asp URLs have been modified. I added Lester because that is what I added (renamed) to my dmxFlashGallery2_action.asp URL.

Here is tester...

<script type="text/javascript">
AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase','download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0','width','600','height','600','id','tester','align','middle','src','dmxFlashGallery2','quality','best','flashvars','Gallery=galleries/tester/tester.xml&SystemURL=dmxFlashGallery2_actionTester.asp','scale','noscale','bgcolor','#0000FF','pluginspage','www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer','movie','dmxFlashGallery2' ); //end AC code
</script><noscript>
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0" width="600" height="600" id="tester" align="middle">
<param name="FlashVars" value="Gallery=galleries/tester/tester.xml&SystemURL=dmxFlashGallery2_actionTester.asp" />
<param name="movie" value="dmxFlashGallery2.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="best" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#0000FF" />
<embed src="dmxFlashGallery2.swf" id="tester" quality="best" flashvars="Gallery=galleries/tester/tester.xml&SystemURL=dmxFlashGallery2_actionTester.asp" scale="noscale" bgcolor="#0000FF" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="600" pluginspage="www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
</object>
</noscript>

It worked!

I hope this makes sense...

Again, make your galleries... upload all files.... rename the action.asp pages and make sure the path is correct on those pages... Then open up the gallery pages and edit the 3 action.asp URLs.

I left all my action.asp pages on the root and my gallery pages on the root

All images and thumbs are in their gallery subfolders

Doug

Edited by - dlmcgown on 04 Dec 2006 22:38:51

Reply to this topic