Forums

This topic is locked

How to keep the <BR> in a textfield without PDedit

Posted 28 Feb 2002 12:58:24
has voted
28 Feb 2002 12:58:24 Berry van Elk posted:
If a user is writing a text trough a form with a normal textfield he's often using 'Enters" &lt;BR&gt;. How the keep the &lt;BR&gt;'s correct when I pull the data out of the database ? Is this possible without PDeditor ? Or is it a little code that send the &lt;BR&gt;'s with the rest of the data in the database ?

Replies

Replied 28 Feb 2002 14:23:56
28 Feb 2002 14:23:56 Dennis van Galen replied:
Strezz,

That is documented here:
www.macromedia.com/support/ultradev/ts/documents/udlinebreaks.htm

With kind regards,

Dennis van Galen
Webmaster KPN Nederland
Financial and Information Services
Replied 28 Feb 2002 15:31:22
28 Feb 2002 15:31:22 Viktor Farcic replied:
Assuming you're using ASP/VBScript...
New line information is stored in DB as VbCrLf. All you need to do is to replace it with "&lt;br /&gt;". Something like:
&lt;%=Replace(Recordset.Fields.Item("Field".Value), VbCrLf, "&lt;br /&gt;"%&gt;

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
If a user is writing a text trough a form with a normal textfield he's often using 'Enters" &lt;BR&gt;. How the keep the &lt;BR&gt;'s correct when I pull the data out of the database ? Is this possible without PDeditor ? Or is it a little code that send the &lt;BR&gt;'s with the rest of the data in the database ?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Viktor Farcic

TalkZone Manager
Replied 28 Feb 2002 16:03:43
28 Feb 2002 16:03:43 Berry van Elk replied:
Thank you !
I though it was simple, this helped me a lot, I almost used PDeditor for such a small thing.

Reply to this topic