Forums

This topic is locked

Web Templates: Legal problems?

Posted 19 Aug 2006 11:14:19
has voted
19 Aug 2006 11:14:19 J. Benjamin Tolosa posted:
Hi, I'm starting in this web design business. So, I've got Studio 8. And I was doing some research at Ebay, and found out you can get CDs or DVDs with thousands of web templates. I was thinking maybe that will save me so much time, opening it, and change some info on the templates, and getting a web site ready for a customer. My question is, if I do that, Can I get sued by someone because of some copyright issue or get into any kind of problem at all ???
I just need to make very simple sites, nothing with video, or a huge amount of flash. Mostly for small local restaurants here in VT.
Thanks so much!

Replies

Replied 19 Aug 2006 20:23:03
19 Aug 2006 20:23:03 John Marsden replied:
Using anyone else's work without permission will probably leave you open (and rightly so) to copyright problems. There are plenty of free web page templates out there, try here www.oswd.org/ for example.
If you want a "quality" template from a company that offers support and assistance you can't do better than to purchase one from here: [url]http://www.projectseven.com[url]
It's unlikely to cost much more than you would pay on ebay and you will know what you getting and have support if you get stuck.
Replied 21 Aug 2006 10:33:39
21 Aug 2006 10:33:39 J. Benjamin Tolosa replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Using anyone else's work without permission will probably leave you open (and rightly so) to copyright problems. There are plenty of free web page templates out there, try here www.oswd.org/ for example.
If you want a "quality" template from a company that offers support and assistance you can't do better than to purchase one from here: [url]http://www.projectseven.com[url]
It's unlikely to cost much more than you would pay on ebay and you will know what you getting and have support if you get stuck.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Allright!!!

Thanks much !!!

It is good to know.

Thank you!

Reply to this topic